One look at Maldive’s pictures will make you realize why the Maldives is one of the favorite honeymoon destinations around the world. The soft white sands, dipping in azure-colored colored, and gorgeous intimate background make every Maldives spot worth a visit.
This Maldives Honeymoon guide explores the flawless beauty of the Maldives with a soft and subtle background and less chaotic space making every of your trip special and worth enjoying and making memorable moments.
At CCN Travels you get the best budget guides for Honeymooners, solo travelers, and honeymoon destinations that you’ll find extremely helpful. So stay tuned till the end to check out everything that you need to know.
Why Honeymoon in the Maldives?
The Maldives makes a perfect honeymoon destination. Planning your honeymoon trip and wondering why the Maldives can be the best of the choices?
Here are some reasons why you should visit:
- It makes a perfect background for romantic couple pictures. Perfect romantic candlelight dinner by the sunset with views of dolphins by the beach.
- The Maldives follows an island one-resort concept giving you enough private space to relax and chill without hampering your fun outdoor activities.
- Perfect retreat to Yoga and wellness experiences. They provide the best Luxury spa treatments inspired by different cultures and will make you visit the Maldives at least once.
Is Maldives Good for a Honeymoon?
With more than 1100 islands, palm trees, white-sand beaches, and private spaces Maldives is an ideal location for honeymooners. These are some of the pros and cons of choosing the Maldives for your honeymoon.
- The Best islands with romantic experiences with full privacy.
- Best opportunities for butlers, catamaran sails, over-the-water villas, and submarines.
- You will find every ocean adventure in the Maldives makes it a heaven for water adventurers like boat tours, snorkeling, fishing, scuba diving, parasailing, and submarine tours.
- High-end hotels and the Luxury shopping experience are one of a kind!
- Most adventure sports are included in hotel packages so you don’t need to splurge extra.
- Flight duration can be long and tiring.
- The Maldives is a little expensive if not planned properly.
- Since most of the resorts are on islands, you’ll get fewer chances to explore the local culture and be on your own.
Maldives Honeymoon Cost
An average honeymoon package costs around $3,500 to $5,000 on a budget. While a luxury trip might cost you a minimum of $20,000. This includes the price of flights, accommodation, packages, etc.
Best Time to Visit the Maldives
The Best time to visit the Maldives is Late October to April with temperature like 29°C to 31°C that stays the whole year, keeping it pleasant any time you visit. The driest months include January to April, attracting the most customers around the world.
These months bring the best of sunny days, dry and crystal clear blue skies, fresh air, and weather absolutely romantic to chill for a week. The wettest months start from May to September, so you can avoid visiting these months.
When Is the Cheapest Time to Fly to the Maldives?
According to Skyscanner that the cheapest month to fly to the Maldives in September.
How Much Do Flights Cost From the Us to the Maldives?
Here are the best prices from the USA to the Maldives Islands
|Category||Estimated Prices||View Deals|
|First Class||US$ 8,500||Trip.com|
How to Get to the Maldives
The best way to get to the Maldives is through Male International Airport from Europe, the Middle East, Singapore, Sri Lanka, and other regions of the world.
You either take a seaplane or speed boat to reach the hotel which takes approximately 45 minutes to One hour.
If you plan to change hotels that are not on the same island, you’ll have to come back to Male airport and take a speed boat to the other island.
Where to Stay in the Maldives
Tripadvisor suggests hotel stays in the Maldives for the prices you’ll love. Some of these hotels include:
- Ayada Maldives
- Brennia Kottefaru
- Makunudu Island
- Saii Lagoon Maldives
- Plumeria Maldives
These hotels range from $130 to $700 per night with the best activities and experiences that will stay with you forever with amazing food and hospitality that you’ll remember forever.
Which Is the Best Maldives Island for a Honeymoon?
The best island for honeymoon couples in the Maldives includes Malé Island, Biyadhoo Island, Fihalhohi Island, Vaadhoo Island, Villingili Resort Island, Mirihi, Funadhoo Island, Thoddoo Island, Thulusdhoo Island to name a few.
These islands have the best scenic beauty, romantic activities, and water adventures as well as the best sunrises and sunsets to enjoy. The best time to visit these islands start from January to April.
How Many Days Should You Spend in the Maldives?
An ideal itinerary for honeymoon couples in the Maldives includes 5-7 days (a week), however, the visitors do tend to stretch their trip.
Explore nearby islands, and have a closer look into the local lives of the Maldives, shopping, food hopping, water sports, and gorgeous views make it relaxing enough without having to rush.
However, on a week-long vacation, don’t miss out on Alimatha Island and, Thulusdhoo for the best scuba diving and surfing experiences.
7 Romantic Things To Do In The Maldives On Honeymoon
The Maldives is one of the ideal places to go for a honeymoon since it has the best romantic experiences you can do together, be it the food, the scenes, or the adventures.
These are the best Romantic things you can do with your better half in the Maldives:
1. Explore Private Islands
Spend a day on a private island, many resorts arrange these amorous escapades that leave you on a deserted island and do whatever you want!
2. Overwater Villas/ Bungalows
Stay in an overwater villa for a night and experience the aqua life the best way. Check out our best overwater bungalow picks that work wonders at this point!
3. Island hopping, walking by the Beach
A long walk to the beach or an island-hopping can also be a good choice to spend a relaxed day. Consider Mal, as one of the exotic locations for island hopping.
4. Sunset Cruise
A sunset cruise boat will make your heart happy. Get an authentic Maldivian experience sailing around islands in Dhoni( a wooden fishing boat) that gives you a ride in orange and golden hues.
5. Fine dine in Bioluninescence
Dine under the stars at Vaadhoo Island in Raa Atoll where couples can dine both below and above the stars and experience bioluminescence!
6. Intimate Candlelight Dinner
Fine intimate candlelight dinner by the beach is a plan to execute for sure. Soneva Fushi and Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru provide a gorgeous setting for the same.
7. Couple Massages for Relaxation
Indulge yourself in a couple of massages of their native virgin coconut oil with breathtaking views. Try One And Only Reethi Rah, Six Senses Laamu, and PER AQUUM Huvafen Fushi as give the best services in the Maldives.
Nightlife in the Maldives: What to Do at Night
The Maldives has got pretty exciting nightlife. Plenty of bars and clubs are present in the resorts and fun evening activities are conducted for visitors after the sun is down. These are a few things you can do at night in the Maldives:
- Underwater Party at Subsix with tasty delicacies and water activities to explore. Night snorkeling and lime spa are worth giving a shot at.
- Dance the night away at White Night Party, Kuredu with special dress codes and experience the best DJs under the UV lights.
- Karaoke Room at Aaaveee, if you love music, will be heaven on earth backed by the natural sounds of birds and water.
- The Open-air theatre experience at Gili Lankanfushi is also called the best resort offering romantic water villas. Get yourself a perfect mood, ideal company, some popcorn, and snacks to spend the night.
- Night Fishing at Bandos Beach and explore the basics of fishing, and learn the art of serving the bait at the relaxing seaside.
- Watch Crab Racing in Kuredu where race organizers pick a bunch of crabs that become a part of the competition which is fun to watch.
- A Private Island Dinner directed to your private boat makes a perfect candlelight dinner setup.
How Much Does the Maldives Honeymoon Trip Cost?
An average trip to the Maldives for a honeymoon couple costs around $10k for a 7-day trip with an average of $1000 for accommodation per night.
Which language is spoken in the Maldives?
The official language of the Maldivians is called Dhivehi or Divehi, which is an Indo-Aryan language spoken in the South Asian island, also spoken in Lakshadweep islands.